Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Raise your hand if you are being marketed to.


The other night, I was flipping through the channels on my Tivo and noticed that a new channel had appeared that I had never noticed. It called to me with the simple name The Tube. Clicked on the listing and was instantly catapulted into the world of, wait for it, music videos! Staring back in my face was a Talking Heads video, followed by Franz Ferninand, and then the Doors! Unfortunately the next video was the Bee Gees, so it isn't exactly perfect.

I am stoked! The co-creator of MTV has struck out on his own, having seen his fantastic creation pummelled to death by the likes of Pimp My Ride and Kevin Federline's ugly mug, and created a new station that bridges the gap of VH1 and MTV, all while actually showing just music videos. That's right. No reality shows, game shows or news. Music. All the time. Coupled with moving pictures.

Thank you Tube. I will be your champion and spread the word to all the the late 20 somethings and early 30 somethings in the land.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

[raises hand]

Anonymous said...

Even though I am not.... in the age bracket for MTV, I am glad there is a channel that will get back to the MTV roots. Believe it or not there have been videos that I did enjoy watching with my daughter. She knows which ones,too.

Wide Lawns said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wide Lawns said...

I love The Tube too!! I posted about it when it came to my city. And thanks so much for linking to me. What a coincidence. 2 Tube lovers.

Elizabeth said...

I honestly cannot remember which videos my mom is talking about. I was probably having too much fun spending quality time with my mother to notice.

PS. Sorry I am not as cool as Subservient Worker, I hope you'll still like my comment.

Brian said...

Isn't it ironic that MTV should be called The Tube and The Tube should be called MTV? Thank God though. Sometimes I do just want to turn on a video channel...no shows, no six hour "top 100 hair bands of all time" shows...refreshing.