Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Star Sighting!


So anyone who knows me knows that I generally don't go ga-ga over movie stars, but I have to share with you the following story. It's a beautiful sunny summer day in Denver, and I am early for a golf game at a municipal golf course in the northwest part of the city. It isn't a bad course, but let's just say that it wasn't designed by the Golden Bear...think $40 with a cart and that's the level we're at.

I go into the "clubhouse" (loose terms here) and find the restroom to change into a pair of shorts and who do I find tending to the loo? Bill "its in the hoolee" Murray! And then immediately I realize that this is a terrible place to meet a movie star. It's nearly impossible to reach out and shake a hand, or say anything, without being super-duper weird.

Fortunately as we came off of the turn at 9 holes, he was finishing 18, and one of my partners had the balls to bother him. So with the groundwork laid, I calmly approached him and thanked him for "Lost In Translation" - which if you haven't seen it, check it out. He has come a long way since Caddyshack.

No comments: